The Centering Core Training Concept

Water is super important. I’ve found that drinking enough water really helps prevent brain fog.  I generally take a sip from my water bottle during the big transitions on North Brisbane pilates private instruction another great reason to teach your clients to do their own transitions). I have a water bottle I just tip and sip (no covers or lids to slide) so I can watch my clients do the transition after I say it. I won’t use a water bottle where I can’t keep my eyes on the clients for safety reasons. The goal of all Pilates exercises is the strengthening of the Powerhouse.  This is true no matter what style of Pilates you practice. The centering concept, but it is also a physical place.  It is the two-inch band that runs above and below your navel.  Every exercise in Pilates is trying to connect you to this part of your body and tone and strengthen this area.  This does not mean that yoga does not work your core or that Pilates does not work and tone other parts of your body.

It means that Pilates exercises are always focused on this area, no matter what else is working. For several years, I have done a North Brisbane pilates private instruction session every week. It helps me ensure my form is top notch, work on the most advanced exercises, and practice the basics, which is where most of the work really is. I do not recommend it highly enough, especially if you have any kind of limitation – a pain, an injury, a recovered injury, a medical condition, etc. Aside from the injured or people that are dealing with a challenge in some way, teachers are my favorite clients, they have each made me grow and rise to the occasion, so ultimately, I’ve had to become a better teacher. Now, I’m more comfortable teaching pilates private instruction as private clients, I’ve also had the opportunity to start teaching workshops. I didn’t just wake up one day thinking I’m the next big thing and start pimping myself out and arranging big conferences, I got asked by a studio owner who had taken several privates from me and asked if I would consider teaching at her studio.

I wasn’t quite sure where to start, so we started with mat, and I forgot how different just doing the mat repertoire is when you 1st learn it, and how different some of the exercises are when you translate them from one method to the other, it was remarkably easy to just do what I do, once I got over the speaking in front of strangers thing as they’re staring you down wanting you to impart some brilliance they’ve never heard before into their minds and bodies while giving them cues to use for clients that’ll make their teaching exponentially better right out of the gate. Teachers of pilates private instruction are the ones that will never try and negotiate your fee, they know the value of your expertise and how much time, energy and money you spend on running a studio. They value your commitment to the craft.

Comments